Frequently Asked Questions
No, students can use both reading and math as determined by their teacher to best meet their needs.
Yes, we recommend 60-90 minutes per subject per week.
Yes, students can be assigned a Math path and an ELA path and work on both as they do now. However, the student does not need to choose a goal area. The new sequencer prioritizes the work automatically so that students are only working in one goal, domain, or instructional area at a time. The work is sequenced based on the students' needs. Students no longer see multiple goal folders to choose.
Below lists some guidelines of recommended usage and implementation for Students and Teachers.
- Should plan to spend a minimum of 30 minutes per week per subject.
- Should complete a minimum of 1 lesson per week per subject.
- Should spend 15-20 minutes per session working in the program.
- Edgenuity recommends approximately 30 minutes per week to review program data and plan next steps.
- This can be either before students start work for the week, or after students have completed work for the week. More frequent/intermediate check-ins are possible, but optional.
- Typical tasks include:
- Checking that all students are meeting the minimum usage and completion goals.
- Observing opportunities for small-group or whole-group follow up based on lesson performance.